jweinburd [at] hmc [dot] edu
Office: Shanahan 2406
Office Phone: (909) 607-1560
Office Hours: Email me and I am more than happy to set up a time to meet with you.
- My newest paper appears online in PLOS Computational Biology: Agent-based and continuous models of locust hopper bands.
- I gave my first Zoom talk in the PDE and Applied Math Seminar at UC Riverside, April 2020 in the internet of COVID-19.
- I organized and spoke in a minisymposium on traveling waves at the SIAM Conference on Analysis of PDEs, December 2019 in La Quinta, CA
- I hosted a workshop with 8-10th graders exploring why and how animals swarm through Gateways to Exploring the Mathematical Sciences, December 2019 in Claremont, CA
- I started my new position last fall semester at Harvey Mudd College!
- I visited the Institute for Advanced Study with collaborators, June-July 2019 in Princeton, NJ
- I presented some of my thesis work at the SIAM Conference on Dynamical Systems, May 2019 in Snowbird, UT
- I defended my dissertation Patterns Selected by Spatial Inhomogeneity and earned my PhD, May 2019 in Minneapolis, MN
- I describe my interest in self-organized patterns in a Student Feature column in the web magazine DSWeb, April 2019 on dsweb.siam.org
- I presented on two models for locust foraging at an AMS Special Session at the JMM, January 2019 in Baltimore, MD
- I spoke about swarming and locusts in the St. Olaf College Research Seminar, November 2018 in Northfield, MN
- I gave a poster that evolved from an REU I co-mentored about vegetation patterns at the Midwest/McGehee Dynamical Systems Conference, November 2018 in Minneapolis, MN
- I presented the above poster at the SIAM Conference on Life Sciences and won the Student Poster Prize, August 2018 in Minneapolis, MN
- I gave a talk on migrating vegetation stripes at the SIAM Annual Meeting, July 2018 in Portland, OR
- I participated in the MRC Workshop in Agent-Based Modeling administrated by the AMS, June 2018 in West Greenwich, RI
- I organized and spoke in a minisymposium on vegetation patterns at the SIAM Conference on Nonlinear Waves, June 2018 in Anaheim, CA